Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Few Notes About Being a Grown Up

The other day it occurred to me how great it is to be a grown up. So great in fact, that I had to stop taking myself so seriously and remember some simple facts:
Life can never be bad when-
1. I can wake up late and eat cookies for breakfast.
2. I can wear anything I want. I can wear all of my favorite things at once if I choose. I can wear feathered and bejeweled headbands with every outfit.
3. I can have sleep overs any day I want, with anyone I want.
4. I can spend my last penny buying fabulous rings in the shape of a pile of bunnies.
5. I can drink coffee out of fine china everyday and not worry if I break the cup.
6. I can make a huge mess and leave it for as long as I want. 
7. I can chop up my clothes and sew them into new clothes and no one will yell at me.
8. I can watch anything I want on TV
 
Its hard to stop once you get started- give it a try the next time you're having a bad day and remember Rule # 6- Stop taking yourself so goddamn seriously (Wayne Dyer)

1 comment:

jenquis said...

and where is this bunny pile ring Froto Baggins...-jz