Thursday, October 30, 2008

What Is The Point?

I guess I'm a wee bit depressed lately. Probably everyone is right now, the world is a shifty place. Two things happened today when I asked the universe for direction: First, I heard a piece on This American Life called "People like you better if you put a lot of time into your appearance". Its about a guy who dresses up like superman just to make people happy and have something to talk about. He said that he started doing it 2 years ago after his wife died because he realized that she had no more tomorrows and he better start getting as much out of today as he could. The second thing was that I typed "What is the point" (dramatic, no?) into Google and I got this video from the comedian, Bill Hicks... Also remember this: Buckminster Fuller once wrote, just as he was about to kill himself, that he suddenly realized it wasn't his right to do so because he 'belonged to the universe'. He then decided to dedicate himself to using his talents and gifts to further mankind through his experiments. still waiting for my bolt of lightening.... Peace, Love and direction to you all!

1 comment: