Saturday, November 29, 2008

Clowns Are From Heaven

I am reading "the Quiet Girl" by Peter Hoeg. It is about a world famous circus clown with psychic abilities who ends up trying to rescue a young girl with the same abilities from some one's diabolical clutches (I have not found out who yet). Its set in Denmark and its literary category is "magical realism". How fantastic is that?!?!?! I hope that someday when people look back on my life they file it under magical realism.
Our hero's name is Kaspar Krone. He can sense in people the slightest fluctuation in emotion, health, and  spirit.  He encounters a woman along his adventure that is very sad and he offers to give her singing lessons as a way to help her. Something about this really stuck with me. It sound so simple and lovely to be able to help someone by giving them singing lessons.

1 comment:

intentsandpurposes said...

You are the epitome of magical realism. Which, by the way is my favorite way of looking at the world.

ox